Monday, March 7, 2011

On the eve of our vacation...

I'm of course busy with last minute packing, planning and organization.  I thought I'd share a few tips I've learned by trial and error....mostly error if we're being honest here.

One of the most important rules, is making a list.  This can be done typically 2 weeks before, that way it can be edited as the trip nears.  I LOVE making lists, its just one of those things for me.  I have a sense of accomplishment once I am able to cross things off.  I typically have more than one list, for example:  clothing, toiletries, food, odds and ends, etc.  Sometimes I write down the most mundane detail, usually to prevent "chicken with the head cut off" scenario.

I wasn't lying...

Make sure all the clothing you want to be able to take on said adventure are clean, nothing worse than realizing your fav outfit is in the hamper.  Try to mix and match your items to prevent over packing (my biggest downfall).  Since we will be staying with family, we will be packing less and doing laundry once or twice while there.  Who wants to pack 30 outfits for children that change twice a day.  Ew.

I'd like to say I'll be packing in these beauties....YUM!


If you're like me, you like to come home to a clean house, so usually a few days prior to leaving, I'm a cleaning machine.  Love coming home starting a load of laundry and crashing into clean sheets.




I'm always looking to perfect or make traveling easier..feel free to share your genius ideas!

xoxo,

Patience





*photos via LV store, apartment therapy, and pink olive


1 comment:

  1. Patience,
    I was lucky enough to be awarded the stylih blogger award so I have passed it on to you! Please come by and grab the button!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...