Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New obsession: Weddings

I'll tell you why....ya see, Joshy bobby recently popped the question.  Best.  Day.  Ever.  May 28, 2011.  So until I'm bored of it (if thats possible), every Wednesday will be Wedding Wednesday!!!

Here are the deets of the proposal:

He surprised me with an overnight getaway, first night away from all the kiddos since Kagey made his debut....11.5 months in the making.  We had spent the night at his parents house the night before to celebrate his sisters birthday (it was a fab surprise party!!), and in the morning just us 2 packed up, he had me wear a blind fold and took me to this amazing resort called The Buttes.  I've been wanting to go there ever since I laid eyes on it about 2 years ago.  Its gorgeous and built into the rocks.  Of course when I saw, I squealed with excitement.  We went to the pool for a few hours to relax and soak up some sun.  I guess I forgot to mention, our kids hadn't been feeling well for  few days prior (aka barfing everywhere, including all over our nav on the way to the party), well, they had ended up infecting us also (only this would happen to us, ha ha). 

 After the pool we were headed for a couples massage, but both of us weren't feeling so good, so we opted for a nap instead.....3 hours later, I woke up and Josh had been in the restroom off and on, poor guy.  So I suggested we just order room service instead of going to dinner as planned.....he almost agreed, but instead insisted on dinner. In my head, I'm thinking, he's crazy and sick, how will he make it through dinner?  So I told him, all that matters is that we get to spend alone time together.  Ha ha, little did I know, he had big plans. 

We make it to dinner, and are lead through the restaurant and out to the back patio to the very corner table on top of the rock (thats also the name of the restaurant).  I kid you not, the view literally took my breath away, it was gorgeous.  The sky was dark and covered with stars, while the city lit up the night.  Joshy had to make several trips to the bathroom, poor guy.  I saw the waiter talking to him inside and thought maybe we were being asked to leave since Josh was throwing up in the bathroom.  We had ordered food to go while he made a few more trips, and after the last one, he said before we leave I have to do something, got down on one knee, said the sweetest speech and asked me to marry him.  Of course, teary eyed I accepted.  Thankfully, he didn't puke on me or on the beautiful cacti at the restaurant.  It was perfect.  :)

 Kicking myself for not getting better pics at the restaurant...this one is on their website.  We were outside behind all the windows...spectac view...right?

Top of the Rock Restaurant

Here are some of the pics we took:

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! He must really love you to press on despite the illness to get the proposal he wanted. :)

    BTW, your engagement date is my wedding anniversary! Great omen! :) I'm looking forward to your wedding Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...