Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday at my home

Ecstatic about how this octagon coffee table turned out.



Friday I gave you a sneak peek of what I'd be working on....remember?


How did I paint this coffee table you ask?  It was a super easy process.....

-cleaned/scrubbed the whole surface with 409 (ick, smells awful), but great for de-greasing and prepping for sanding.
-sand the heck out of it (I had to call in for back up aka Joshy Bobby and our oldest son)
-wipe it down yet again to remove all dust
-put painters tape over the fancy gold trim
-let the spray painting begin!!!
-I chose Rustoleum's heirloom white (super popular and amazing)
-best piece of advice would have to be spray evenly in somewhat thin layers (the thinner the better, I did about 3-4 coats in some areas)








Total cost of my update:

CL table: $15
spray paint:  $12
painters tape: already had
total:  $27

Makes my pocket book scream for joy!!!!

xo,

Patience


P.S.  In case you're wondering where I got the fab books from, you can easily get your mitts on them.  Seriously LOVE how they look!


Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass (Penguin Classics)

 A Tale of Two Cities (Penguin Classics)

Middlemarch (Penguin Hardback Classics)



Sense and Sensibility (Penguin Classics)

Gulliver's Travels (Penguin Classics)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks great! I woulda snatched that guy right off CL too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the table! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...